“Collectively they respond to questions almost immediately and address problems very effectively. They are really easy to work with and seem to appreciate their customers and suppliers. Bayshore is very determined and works hard and effectively to bring the deal together. We have a long lasting future together!”
As a concerned community advocate and corporate partner, BayShore Groups understands the risks and implications associated with such redevelopment projects. We capably handle environmental hurdles and have expertise in the manufacturing, chemical and pharmaceutical sectors. Our proven track record in solving environmental challenges, use of industry best practices and comprehensive knowledge of local needs, regulations and approval mechanisms at all levels of government assures project success. We use our collective skills and global partners to deliver a broad scope of essential services for the assessment, demolition, abatement and remediation of affected properties.
Brownfields and greyfields can present both environmental and economic challenges to communities and local governments. The remediation and re-purposing of these types of properties can become an important economic development strategy for communities around the globe.
As a proven industry leader, we have expertise in brownfield redevelopment and a commitment to engineering solutions that result in environmentally sustainable developments.
- Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments: Identification of potentially contaminating activity and risk of exposure.
- Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments: Determining location and concentration of contaminants and taking action to reduce contamination and/or complete a risk assessment.
- Phase 3 Environmental Site Assessments: Full remediation including testing/sampling to confirm success.
- Site remediation including abatement of environmental hazards.
- Site decommissioning.
- Development of soil management plans.
- Landfill monitoring.
- Indoor air quality testing.
- Well water sampling and water quality analysis.
- Design of groundwater cut-off systems (soil-bentonite liners, slurry walls).
- Assessment of excavated soils for reuse.
- Development of waste stabilization techniques for disposal.
BayShore Groups offers sustainable solutions by:
- Adhering to local and regional sustainable development considerations during the study phase.
- Incorporating sustainability concepts that drive innovation during the design phase.
- Applying management systems to achieve project targets without compromising international health and safety standards.
- Using a patented bottom line decision-making process that ensures transparency and responsible decision-making during the optimization phase and throughout the entire project life-cycle.
BayShore Groups employs responsible practices in:
- Expansion and penetration of emerging markets.
- Decommissioning of industrial sites.
- Redevelopment of existing and downsized operations.
- The formulation of the best asset retirement strategies for our clients and their communities and/or optimal asset and resource relocation.
- Post-acquisition integration.
- Regulatory and corporate standards compliance.
- Safety processes.
- Resource efficiency and use (energy, water, waste).
- Climate change risk and carbon footprint analysis.
Brownfields and Greyfields?
Brownfields are vacant, unused or underutilized industrial or commercial lands where chemical contamination may exist.
Greyfields are empty or aging retail and commercial shopping sites.
BayShore Groups is recognized for being transparent and accountable, while employing best practices consistent with location specific needs and regulations.
BayShore Groups apply their knowledge and insight to ensure harmony between project and community goals.
ENGINEERING AND TESTING SERVICES
BayShore Groups has the expertise to conduct Phase 1 – 3 assessments and a comprehensive array of tests in order to overcome project barriers.
During all operational phases, we pursue solutions resulting in sustainable developments.
ENVIRONMENTAL FUN FACT
- 27,000 trees are felled each day to produce toilet paper.
- A Canadian named Jack McGinnis created the blue box. In addition, Kitchener, Ontario became the 1st city in the world to participate in a curbside blue box recycling program back in 1981.
- Currently, there are 668 endangered species in Canada.